Monday, March 23, 2009

Red

I wandered through the streets,
searching for the meaning
of life and such,
a never ending journey.

All the education,
hours of learning,
just to earn a paper,
to earn more paper.
I burned it up in smoke,
drained it down in spirit,
threw it at the world,
that I crushed with my feet.
I wandered through my life
searching for the meaning.

I bristled at the insults,
preened at the praise,
laughed at your failures
and cried over mine.
I wandered through my life
searching for the meaning.

I raced through my life
till the pain hit my head,
the crowds gathered around
and the road splashed with red.
I wander through the streets
searching for the meaning,
of the life I had lived
and also of my death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home